What is Incremental model? Advantages and Disadvantages of Incremental Model.
- Incremental model
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- When to use
- Some other model name and link
What is Incremental model?
Such a type of model in which all requirements of system or project are divides into different modules.The incremental model is the same as RAD Model, agile model, etc. Every module performs special task.
Following are steps for each module:
Each module produces a working version of a project or system. All working will continue to achieve our goal.As you can see in the above diagram. Each module produce a working piece. In this way, many pieces are made until we get our final piece or system.
When the first iteration will complete we release the first iteration or module or piece. In this many other iteration or piece is release. Final we stop working on system or piece when it looks like we require a project.When each module piece or iteration will ready we handover to the customer.
Advantages of Incremental model:
Advantages play an important role in the scope of any model.
- Generates working software quickly.
- Working system is producing for user or customer in early time.
- Less costly.
- More flexible.
- Easily changes in requirements at any time.
- Easy to debug.
- The customer remains in touch with the developer.
- Very low initial cost.
- Easy manageable with high risk.
Disadvantages of Incremental model:
Following are some disadvantages of this model:
- Needs for good planning
- Needs for good and perfect design.
- All requirements must clear on the initial stage.
- The overall system cost is too high than a waterfall.
When to use the Incremental model:
Here are some requirements where you can use this model.
- We can use it when the requirements of projects are completely defined and understood.
- All major requirements with detail should define.
- New technology is used in a system.
- Resources with needed skill set are not available
- There are some high-risk features and goals.
Any other information about any topic of computer, comment on your requirements.