What are 7 stages of system development life cycle? All Details with examples.
What is SDLC?
7 stages of system development life cycle.
Diagram of SDLC.
What is SDLC?
7 stages of system development life cycle are very important.SDLC stands for Software Development Life-cycle. It is a systematic process to build software. This model ensures the high quality of software. This model consists of details about the plan, build, and maintain the software. Every phase of the SDLC plays an important role in the development of software.
This model differs from the agile model, spiral model, RAD model, etc. The difference is just because of some phases and time.
7 stages of system development life cycle:
The following are 7 stages of system development life cycle that help to complete the SDLC. If any step is incomplete, software cause a problem.
So every step is fully finished with all requirements.
- Requirement collection and analysis
- Feasibility study
Here, are the prime reasons why 7 stages of system development life cycle are important for developing a software system.
- It offers some basis for a project like a plan, schedule, and estimating of cost.
- It also provides a framework and sets of activities.
- It helps in project tracking and control
- This model increases the visibility of project planning.
- The SDLC model enhances the development speed of projects.
- Improved client relations
- This model helps you to decrease project risk.
Here, we are going to tell you detail material about 7 stages of the system development life cycle.
The requirement analysis is the first stage of the SDLC model. It is conducted by senior team members. In this team leader think about inputs etc. All the planning about cost, resources, time, etc is done in this phase.
In this stage, all the requirements of the system are collected.This is very important but precise. This helps to final the deadline of the project or system. So each and everything is done in this phase or step.
When the requirement analysis phase is complete, the next step is the feasibility. This step helps to define all document software needs.
This process helps to do something that is given below.
In this phase an important thing is the cost of the software. In this phase or step, we think about the cost.
Is the projector system is legal or not which is going to build?
Is the functionality is possible or not, which the customer is expecting?
There is a need to check the current system that can support the software or not.
In this step, we decide about the completion of the new system.
The third phase of SDLC is design. In this phase software, design and documents are prepared according to software requirements. Design of the system helps to define the architecture of the system. It provides input for the next phase.
Design is of two types.
- It provides a detail description.
- It explains the name of each module.
- It provides an outline of the functions of every module.
- Interfaces dependencies and relationships between modules.
- Database tables and key with primary key are identified.
- It shows complete architecture diagrams of the system.
- It gives us detail about technology to be used in the system.
- In this design, the functional logic of the modules is made.
- Size and type of database tables.
- It provides complete detail of the interface of the system/projects.
- Addresses all types of dependency issues
- It makes a list of error messages in the design of projects.
- It shows complete input and outputs.
7 stages of system development life cycle
When the system design phase is complete, the next phase/step is coding. In this phase, the actual coding of design is started. Developers choose a language and start to change the design into coding or programming.
All the coding is divided into many units or modules .these modules further sent to other developers for coding. It is the longest and difficult phase of the SDLC model. All programming tools are used to reading the coding, such as compiler, interpreters, debugger, etc.
When coding is done the next step is testing. This plays an important role in the functionality of systems or projects.
The testing team test all the function of the software. The testing can be manual or automation testing.
Testing is done to verify the entire system works.
All the requirements should match customer requirements.In this phase, the QA and testing team is done to find some bugs/errors. The developer team fixes these bugs and send feedback for correctness. This process continues until all errors and bugs are removed from the system.
7 stages of system development life cycle
After the software testing phase is over the next step is installation. After testing the installation of the system is starting.
After system installation is done the next step is maintenance. In this phase, customers start to use the system. It gives feedback about three things, that are given below.
If any bug reports because some inputs should accurate in a maintenance phase.
The upgrading of the application to the newer versions is also done in this phase.
Adding any new features into the existing system or project is also done in this phase. The main focus of SDLC model is to ensure that each and everything is done according to user requirements.
As you read about 7 stages of system development life cycle. You can also read about many other helping materials:
- WAN network?
- MAN network?
- System software and application software?
- Computer hardware?
- RAD Model?
- Agile Model?
- Computer network and its types?
- 7 stages of system development life cycle
Each and everything about these topics is given on this website.